Effective date: 01 November 2019
We value and respect your privacy and to ensure your privacy comes first TA Ventures meets a high standard for data privacy introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
The provisions below serve to provide information as to the manner, extent and purpose for collecting, using and processing personal information in the course of providing Services or other matters offered through TA Ventures website (“Services”) at https://taventures.vc/ (the “Website”).
Please be aware that data transfer via the Internet is subject to security risks and therefore, complete protection against third-party access to the personal data cannot be ensured.
In this Policy, we explain our practices regarding the collection, use, processing and disclosure of your Personal Information, what kind of Personal Information we collect from you and when we collect them.
We use your data to provide and improve the Services. By using the Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy.
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Services or from the Services infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processor means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Services. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Data Collection and Use
We collect several different types of data for various purposes to provide and improve our Services to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
• Contact data (Email address, web-page)
• First name and last name
• Geographic data
• Organization and position
• Profiles in social media like Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information on how the Services are accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes:
• To provide and maintain our Services
• To notify you about changes to our Services
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
• To provide you with our newsletters
• To serve relevant advertising
• To provide customer support
• To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services
• To monitor the usage of our Services
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
• To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
Legal basis for data processing
TA Ventures uses several legal bases for processing data:
• explicit consent
• performance and compliance with the legal obligations
• the legitimate interest of TA Ventures, such as for marketing purposes, to control the regular operation of the Services, to defend our rights or to improve our Website.
Retention of Data
TA Ventures will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
The data that we collect is mostly processed in Cyprus and Ukraine.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, TA Ventures may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
TA Ventures may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• comply with a legal obligation
• protect and defend the rights or property of TA Ventures
• prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
• protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public
• protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
TA Ventures aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com
You have the right to:
• access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
• rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
• request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
• withdraw your consent over the processing of your data
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your national supervisory authority.
We may engage third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services (“Service Providers”), to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Related services or to assist us in analysing how our Services is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party services to help you log in more easily on the Website or to extend the functionality of our Services.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Services, such as Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports Website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Services available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Services.
Obligation to provide data
As a Website user, you are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide your Personal Data to us. If you enter into a contractual relationship with us, you may need to provide some personal data for the purpose of the execution of the contract.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party Websites or services.
Our Services does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
TA VENTURES COOKIES POLICY
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files comprising bits of text that are installed on your computer or mobile device each time you open a Website. These small files enable our server to provide you with the information that is customised with your needs when you use some platform or Website for the next time. You can find out more about cookies at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
How does it work?
Your browser tells our systems if any cookies files were installed in your computer and after our software systems connect to the cookies, we are able to analyse the information the cookies files give us. Cookies also enable us to see your actions on the Website, analyse this information and provide you with more relevant information on services you are currently using or may use.
We analyse how well our Website is performing and for improving your experience.
What types of cookies do we use?
1) We use _cfduid cookie for identifying individual visitors privately. It helps us to detect malicious visitors to our Website and minimises blocking legitimate users. The _cfduid cookie collects and anonymises User's IP addresses using a one-way hash of certain values so they cannot be personally identified. The cookie is a persistent cookie that expires after one (1) year.
2) Google Analytics sets the cookies. Google Analytics employs cookies that are stored to your computer in order to facilitate an analysis of your use of the Website. The information generated by these cookies, such as time, place and frequency of your visits to our Website, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google’s location in the US and stored there.
Turn the cookies off
You can change your browser settings so that cookies from the Website cannot be placed on your device. The following links might be useful for you to choose the best option of your browser:
• For the users of Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
• For the users of Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies
• For the users of Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&ref_topic=14666
• For the users of Safari web and iOS: https://support.apple.com/ru-ru/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265.
If you have any questions in relation to the cookies, we use, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.